We have a new website. Please click here to visit our new website. Prices and information on this website might not be relevant anymore.
What is sublimation?
Sublimation is when you print your artwork onto a special type of paper, using a special ink. The artwork is then transferred onto the garment. The garment and artwork are pressed together using a heat press. The sublimation process will happen here. When the ink comes in contact with heat, it turns into a gas which will then start to sink into the garment.
Sublimation is very durable and will last as long as the garment would. The print will be part of the garment. It doesn’t fade easily, wear out, or have any kind of texture or weight to it.
How will this benefit you as the client?
1. It is very light. The print will have no weight to it. The print will become part of the garment.
2. The print is very durable. There will be no cracking or peeling of any kind.
3. You can individually customise every garment you print without there being a setup cost.
4. No need for big orders before we can help you. We can print any number from 1 to 100 depending on the quantity you want.
What is the down side to sublimation printing?
1. Polyester garments only. When you think of polyester you think of these heavy garments from way back then! When in fact, polyester these days are performance fabrics, moisture-wicking, cotton-like and very comfortable.
2. White/light fabrics garments ONLY! Sublimated colors blend with the color of the fabric which they sublimate on. So if you want a navy color print onto a black shirt, you won’t be able to see the print. If you would prefer to print onto a dark garment, we can do it for you, but there would be no guarantee that you would see the print on the garment. Most of the time when printing onto dark colors it turns out rustic and faded.